This tofu scramble is great on its own, in a burrito, with some brown rice or quinoa, or in a sandwich.
Here’s how to make it:
– 200g soft (or silken) tofu – organic, non-gmo, and sprouted perhaps
– 1 small onion (chopped)
– 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
– 1 clove garlic (minced)
– 1/2 medium-sized zucchini (chopped)
– 1 cup kale or leafy green of your choice (chopped)
– 5 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
– 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
– 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
– 1/4 tsp crushed chilli flakes
– freshly ground pepper & salt to taste
– 1 tbsp cooking oil
– Optional for flavour: 1 tbsp red salsa, 1 tsp hot sauce of your choice (I like chipotle habanero)
Add your oil to a heated pan. Once warm, gently sautee your garlic and onions with the crushed chili flakes and black pepper. Then, add in your zucchini and red pepper. After 1 minute, add in your tomatoes, kale, turmeric powder, and red chilli powder. After a few minutes of cooking, add your tofu pre-crumbled or use a spatula to smush it up in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, add salt to taste (alongside the salsa and hot sauce if you’d like) and enjoy!