Forget store-bought brownie bites, date balls, and granola bars. This quick and easy recipe is all you need - change up the ingredients according to your taste and you'll have a delicious and nutritious breakfast, snack, and/or dessert!
- 5 pitted dates (add 1-2 more if it’s not sweet enough) - Medjool or Bam dates work beautifully but if you have drier dates, then soak them in warm water for a few hours beforehand
- 1 cup mixed nuts: walnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut shreds
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder and sea salt
- 1 scoop protein powder
- Optional: handful of dark chocolate chips and/or ½ tsp nut butter of your choice
Add everything to a food processor and process until a crumbly mixture is formed. Wet your hands and pat the mixture into little bite-sized balls. Roll in some coconut shreds if you like that kind of thing (I do!). Eat as is or refrigerate first.