Forget store-bought brownie bites, date balls, and granola bars. This quick and easy recipe is all you need – change up the ingredients according to your taste and you’ll have a delicious and nutritious breakfast, snack, and/or dessert!
– 5 pitted dates (add 1-2 more if it’s not sweet enough) – Medjool or Bam dates work beautifully but if you have drier dates, then soak them in warm water for a few hours beforehand
– 1 cup mixed nuts: walnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews
– 1 tsp ground flax seeds
– 1 tsp melted coconut oil
– ¾ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut shreds
– ½ cup cocoa powder
– 1 pinch cinnamon powder and sea salt
– 1 scoop protein powder
– Optional: handful of dark chocolate chips and/or ½ tsp nut butter of your choice
Add everything to a food processor and process until a crumbly mixture is formed. Wet your hands and pat the mixture into little bite-sized balls. Roll in some coconut shreds if you like that kind of thing (I do!). Eat as is or refrigerate first.