These potato cutlets can be used instead of homefries at brunch, go really well with some fresh juice or tea, and make a great appetizer.
Here’s what you need:
– 4 medium-sized potatoes
– 1 small onion (chopped finely)
– 2 green chilli peppers (chopped, optional)
– 1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
– 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
– 1 tsp red chilli powder or cayenne powder
– 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala (available at most grocery stores)
– salt & pepper to taste
– juice from 1/2 lemon
– oil for pan-frying
– tapioca starch or non-gmo organic corn flour (optional)
Boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to be mashed. Peel the boiled potatoes, place them in a large bowl, and add the chaat masala, cayenne pepper powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mash the potatoes and mix everything together well. Add in the onion, chilli peppers, cilantro, and spinach. Mix again and make patties – you should be able to make ~8 medium-sized patties.
Heat some oil in a frying pan. While the oil heats up, lightly cover each cutlet in the tapioca or corn flour (this will give the cutlets a nice crisp shell). Pan-fry the cutlet on medium heat – each side should be a golden-brown colour. Enjoy them while they’re hot!