This is an easy hormone-healthy recipe you can have for breakfast, as a snack, or as a side. What I love about it is that you can use any veggies that you want — I usually make this when I’m looking to clean out the fridge of veggie scraps.
- 2.5 cups gram flour (chickpea flour)
- veggies of choice: ½ onion (minced), 2 cloves garlic (minced), ¼ cabbage (shredded), 1-2 carrots (shredded or chopped), 1 cup spinach or kale (chopped), ½ cup peas, 1/4 cup frozen corn
- herbs & spices: salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne or chili flakes, ginger powder or fresh ginger, fresh parsley or cilantro
- ¼ cup oil (olive, avocado, nut)
- water (approximately 1 cup)
- optional: red lentils, brown lentils, or yellow moong lentils and black sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl, combine the gram flour, oil, herbs and spices, and water. Once a pancake-like batter consistency has been reached, throw in all your veggies and mix.
Pour this batter into a lightly-greased cake pain or pyrex/cornin dish (9×11) and bake for 30 minutes. In order to prevent the loaf from getting too dry, I like to brush a bit of oil on the top and cover the dish with foil once the 20-min mark has been reached in the oven. Enjoy on its own, with some tomato chutney, green chutney, or as a side-dish.