This cauliflower mash is easy to make and goes well on the side anywhere you’d use potatoes. Plus, cauliflower is more nutrient-dense and less starchy than potatoes 🙂
– 1 head cauliflower (washed and cut into florets)
– 3 cloves garlic
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil (you can use butter if you eat dairy)
– 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
– 1 tsp minced chives
– salt and pepper to taste
– Steam the cauliflower until it’s soft – I like to throw it in the oven for 10 minutes after steaming to dry up some of the water and for the roasted taste.
– Place the cooked cauliflower and all the other ingredients except for the chives into a blender and pulse until a smooth or desired texture has been reached (You can add in some extra oil or a bit of water if it’s too thick). I like to slightly roast my garlic (with the cauliflower) for a nicer flavour profile.
– Pour the mash into a serving bowl and garnish with the chives.
– Will keep covered in the fridge for 3-5 days without dairy and 2-3 days if you used dairy.