This mousse is creamy and dreamy. It’s gluten-free and dairy-free. I hadn’t made it in a long time but the ice storm here in the GTA allowed for some creativity in the kitchen this weekend.
Once you have the ingredients, it’s extremely easy to make… as in: throw all the following ingredients into a blender* and refrigerate for at least an hour before you enjoy.
– 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight and washed)
– 1/2 cup coconut cream or regular cream if you consume dairy
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted or semi-melted but not hot)
– 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (lime juice works too but the flavour will be different obviously)
– 1/4 cup liquid sweetener (Maple syrup works well but we have an allergy in the house. I use organic cane syrup and even less than 1/4 cup)
– 1/2 cup frozen or fresh organic blueberries (raspberries work really well in this recipe as well)
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1 pinch salt
– Optional (not optional for me since I love chocolate): cacao nibs and/or chocolate chips/shavings (sprinkle at the bottom and atop your mousse)
*I took half the mixture out before I added the blueberries for visual appeal in the picture shown.